A Brief Introduction

Endeavoring to define myself outside of a "job title." I'm a nomad of sorts who fell in love with technology, activism, and helping others. I run a web & media consulting firm, have a blog specifically for activists & non-profits, and travel often. I love talking about theology, politics, and social change. I love doing something about it even more. I also like to be a well-rounded and fully present person. That's why I write here. Connect with me on twitter

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Video Blog: Kourt speaks about the stop at Brigham Young University

As I’m sure you have already read, Brigham Young University was not receptive to the Equality Ride’s attempt at dialogue on campus about their policies and the sweeping implications therein. Stop organizers Kourt Osborn and Matt Kulisch collected over 55 pages of concerns and grievances regarding LGBT students at BYU. Many students personally know LGBT students who have suicided or attempted suicide because of their sexuality and the fear and disconnection generated by BYU and LDS policy and doctrine. These concerns are very real.

Kourt Osborn and his mother decided to bring these concerns on to campus when university administrators refused a meeting to discuss them. In the following video, Kourt speaks about his time during the events planned around the Brigham Young University campus.




No comments:

 
/*Google Analytics Tracking Code*/