A Brief Introduction

Endeavoring to define myself outside of a "job title." I'm a nomad of sorts who fell in love with technology, activism, and helping others. I run a web & media consulting firm, have a blog specifically for activists & non-profits, and travel often. I love talking about theology, politics, and social change. I love doing something about it even more. I also like to be a well-rounded and fully present person. That's why I write here. Connect with me on twitter

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Yolanda King remembered

Today another American has passed. Yolanda King, daughter of civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr. died today. In the wake of Jerry Falwell's passing yesterday, I hope that the legacy of this important life is not overlooked. I am thankful for relentless work in civil and human rights ... truly something worth being remembered for.

Today, fellow Equality Rider Cray Condek passed on a message from Yolanda King. After hearing her speak at the Ohio State University, Cray was able to spend some time talking with her. She had heard of Soulforce and was encouraged to hear of the Equality Ride. She gave this note, to pass along to all of us:

"To the Equality Riders, continue to live the dream! Blessings, Yolanda King"
Blessings to you Ms. King. Your family and your friends are in my prayers today.

No comments:

 
/*Google Analytics Tracking Code*/