A Brief Introduction

Endeavoring to define myself outside of a "job title." I'm a nomad of sorts who fell in love with technology, activism, and helping others. I run a web & media consulting firm, have a blog specifically for activists & non-profits, and travel often. I love talking about theology, politics, and social change. I love doing something about it even more. I also like to be a well-rounded and fully present person. That's why I write here. Connect with me on twitter

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Rev Jerry Falwell has died

The Associate Press reports that Jerry Falwell passed away this morning. The 2006 Equality Ride visited his Liberty University and Soulforce founder and president, Mel White, lives in Lynchburg, VA to be in close proximity. Despite Falwell's historic stance against GLBT-equality, I would like to send my prayers out to Jerry Falwell's family, his students, his friends, and those who knew him. He was a child of God and though he disagreed with including GLBT individuals in the Christian fold, I am truly saddened to hear of his passing. We are all God's children. God bless.

That's all for today.

1 comment:

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

Thank you for this gracious and forgiving statement. I believe he is now having his heart and mind opened by the fullness of God's love to what he could not see on earth and will intercede especially for those he hurt while here....

I found your blog through my friend Kate's (When I Was A Boy) and am much impressed. Will be back for sure.

Thank you for the service you gave as an equality rider, and many blessings on your transition to everyday grown up life!

 
/*Google Analytics Tracking Code*/