A Brief Introduction

Endeavoring to define myself outside of a "job title." I'm a nomad of sorts who fell in love with technology, activism, and helping others. I run a web & media consulting firm, have a blog specifically for activists & non-profits, and travel often. I love talking about theology, politics, and social change. I love doing something about it even more. I also like to be a well-rounded and fully present person. That's why I write here. Connect with me on twitter

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Memorial at Notre Dame

On Thursday March 9, the Equality Riders were allowed on to campus to attend mass and interact with students. They were given no official platform, were instructed not to speak with groups, and were forbidden from passing out any supplementary information. When Riders were seen giving information about the days events to students when requested, they were cited for trespassing and required to leave.

The following day, the Equality Riders returned to lay a memorial wreath at the statue of Notre Dam alum Tom Dooley, a gay military commander. They were led by student Eddie Velasquez. Jonathan will be blogging about the experience later. Here is a video documenting Notre Dame’s response.

No comments:

 
/*Google Analytics Tracking Code*/