Fellow Pepperdine organizer Jillian Nye and I had our first visit with Dean of Student Affairs Mark Davis and Associate Dean Tabatha Jones today. It was great to sit down face-to-face and get to know each other. Luckily they are very open to our plans for the visit and this has been very much a cooperative effort. We are still pulling everything together but we've already got a bunch of great things to look forward to.
- Morning worship at the Chapel to kick-off our two days together
- Working with the AIDS Awareness postcard writing campaign (it's AIDS Awareness week)
- Talking to Social Justice classes
- Presenting to the students
- Mingling in the cafeteria
- Supper with professors, administrators, student leaders, and GLBT students
Jillian, Mark, Tabatha, and I closed our time together at Heroes Garden on the top of the big mountain on campus with a prayer. It was majestic and beautiful. I praise God for the work that the four of us will do on this campus.