A Brief Introduction

Endeavoring to define myself outside of a "job title." I'm a nomad of sorts who fell in love with technology, activism, and helping others. I run a web & media consulting firm, have a blog specifically for activists & non-profits, and travel often. I love talking about theology, politics, and social change. I love doing something about it even more. I also like to be a well-rounded and fully present person. That's why I write here. Connect with me on twitter

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Falling Into Grace

I attended Wednesday Worship at Marble Collegiate last night, as per usual, and Pastor Lewicki's sermon touched upon some themes that have been on my heart recently. Also as per usual, timing was miraculous. I've got a bunch to say about the sermon (you can subscribe to the podcast) but for now I want to share a verse from "If I Stand" by Rich Mullins, one of the songs we sang:

If I stand, let me stand on the promise that you will pull me through
And if I can't, let me fall on the grace that first brought me to you
For me, those two lines stand out as a beautiful encapsulation of what it means to walk with God.

5 comments:

Casey said...

Brian, you're just competing for my favorite person these days, I swear - I love that song, and have been meaning to find the chords for it for literally years, but never seem to remember it when I'm at a computer - until now. My guitar thanks you, and so do I. *grins*

Brian said...

Glad to hear it! This means you're going to teach it to me next time I see you, right?

Casey said...

You play? Cool! Chords are here, if you want a head start - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/print.php?what=tab&id=71979

Casey said...

Hmm... let's try that again...
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/
print.php?what=tab&id=71979

Brian said...

I haven't played in ages and my (Yamaha) guitar is back in Maryland, but I was decent back in high school and can still get basic songs once I get back into the groove.

 
/*Google Analytics Tracking Code*/