A Brief Introduction

Endeavoring to define myself outside of a "job title." I'm a nomad of sorts who fell in love with technology, activism, and helping others. I run a web & media consulting firm, have a blog specifically for activists & non-profits, and travel often. I love talking about theology, politics, and social change. I love doing something about it even more. I also like to be a well-rounded and fully present person. That's why I write here. Connect with me on twitter

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Isaiah 66:5

Casey Pick sent this verse out to all of the Right to Marry participants along with a California update. It seemed like something I should pass along...

Hear the word of the Lord, you who tremble at his word. "Your brothers who hate you, and exclude you because of my name, have said 'let the Lord be glorified, that we may see your joy!' Yet they will be put to shame." Isaiah 66:5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brian, you need to write something in your blog about how HRC is terrible and how they promised not to support a non-trans inclusive Employment non-discrimination act (ENDA), but then did support it anyway.

Casey said...

hehe - heya Brian. Made me smile to see my name show up. Amusing thing about this verse? I basically discovered it in the van leaving Albany and heading toward Syracuse this summer. I've started reading Isaiah a dozen times, but keep getting side tracked... I was trying again that day once the van had settled down into a bit of quiet, opened it to the end of Isaiah, and that's what leapt out at me. Kept it with me all the way through the campaign - not my usual way of seeking wisdom in scripture, but I'll take it! God bless, my friend.

 
/*Google Analytics Tracking Code*/